Baby has gas and spits up often
I wonder if you can help- I seem to be experiencing a lot of difficulties with breastfeeding! :
- my boy takes in a lot of air (I can hear it going down into his belly) when breastfeeding
- he is sick quite frequently (almost after every feed and sometimes (but not frequently) his whole feed comes up- though this is when he has recently had milk but is giving all the signals he wants more- this makes it hard for me to understand what he wants- and sometimes I think 'maybe this a growth spurt' or that he wants more food because he is growing bigger...
- sometimes me and my partner seem to be awake for hours in a cycle of winding, being sick, changing and feeding- I worry that the baba isn't getting enough sleep- and at other times our boy will sleep for 5 hours at a time. When things are going well- he seems to sleep for 3 hours and then wake for milk, change etc...
- i'm not sure what is too much or too little but appreciate this is hard to gauge from person to person- however, i feel like I need the certainty of a bottle and seeing how much my baby is taking in. I have no real sense of what the volume my boy needs or is taking in (have been advised to express because of a possible fast let down but don't know how much) when he is sick i can't tell how much it is. how big is my babies stomach? and how much does he need?
- my baby seems hungry after he is sick which makes sense- but it doesn't make sense if the sick is excess milk that his little tummy doesn't want.
- he is just over three weeks old and was last weighed three days ago- he had put on weight and is a healthy weight
I hope you can help because i am starting to feel desperate and quite upset by it all!