A Chair for Breastfeeding
One of the best investments you can make while nursing, is to get
yourself a breastfeeding chair, as you and your baby will be spending many
hours using it.
A breast feeding chair can calm both you and your baby and can be used for
many years after you have stopped breastfeeding.
Why use a breastfeeding chair?
- A nursing chair helps the mother prevent back pain.
Nursing rocking chairs help those mothers who do not
co-sleep, it serves as a way to keep the baby sleepy and calm whilst breastfeeding in the middle of the night.
- It can be used to rock your baby to sleep before bedtime, while breastfeeding.
- Many mothers use nursery chairs for rocking their toddlers in the evenings during story time.
Breastfeeding chairs that prevent back ache
- Consider a platform rocking chair that has arm support if you are
prone to back ache. This type of chair will take the pressure off of
your back, while allowing you to rest your arms during nursing.
Using a small
while nursing can also relieve back pain. It elevates your legs and improves posture.
Breastfeeding glider rocking chairs
- A nursery glider chair is usually heavy duty and will usually last you a lifetime.
- A glider chair is usually upholstered with thick padding for extra support.
- These nursery gliders are more expensive than any of the other nursing
chairs and can cost anything between $200 to $500 and more.
- A rocking glider is sometimes designed with a pop out stool or a foot
stool that can be bought separately. Some are sold with ottomans too,
which can be really comfy during breastfeeding.
Classic rocking chairs for nursery
- Wood rocking chair: these are usually made of lightweight wood.
- A rocking chair can cost you anything between $30 to $200 and more.
What to look out for when buying nursery rocking chairs or recliners
- Are you looking for a breastfeeding chair that can move back and forth or do you want a swivel chair?
- Does the chair have arm rests? Do you want padded armrests for extra comfort?
- Does the breastfeeding chair blend in with your own décor? Neutral colors will usually fit with any room.
- Does the chair include an ottoman or foot stool, or do you need to buy it separately?
- Will the chairs be easy enough for you to keep clean? Does it have removable covers?
- Does the chair give you head support?
Top of breastfeeding chair page
Comfort is priority and very necessary when breastfeeding, a supportive
nursing rocking chair or recliner can initiate the start of a beautiful,
comfortable breastfeeding experience.
Other pages on “breastfeeding problems” in connection with this page on a “breastfeeding chair”
- Nursing stools
- Nursing boppy pillows
- Breastfeeding positions
Leave a comment
Want to share your stories? Ask a question or just say hello...
Site by BFeeding Mamma, Tracy Behr. Currently studying through Child birth International (CBC, CBD). Also an accomplished author and Mommy of two.