A breastfeeding headache is more common than you would think. There are ways to rectify, prevent and/or at least make it a bit more bearable.
If you suffer from constant migraine headaches, you should see your doctor. Let your doc know that you are breastfeeding.
* Estrogen and headaches: Estrogen is the hormone that can affect a mother more when:
* Oxytocin headache: The release of the hormone Oxytocin, can also trigger a headache. This hormone is released during the let down of milk and can also cause nausea during breastfeeding. This type of lactation headache will usually subside after a few minutes of breastfeeding.
* Plasma vasopressin is a hormone that is released during breastfeeding, which narrows the blood vessels, therefore, causing a headache.
You are doing what is best for you and Baby, by continuing to breastfeed.
Read more about the benefits of breastfeeding.
Arms Reach Co-sleeper...
* 360 View of baby.
* Convenient storage basket.
* Includes mattress fitted sheet strap and plate.
* Wheels for mobility
Want to share your stories? Ask a question or just say hello...
Click below to see contributions from other visitors to this page...
Site by BFeeding Mamma, Tracy Behr. Currently studying through Child birth International (CBC, CBD). Also an accomplished author and Mommy of two.