Pregnant and breastfeeding?
Will breastfeeding while pregnant affect the growth of your unborn child, or hamper your pregnancy in any way?? The answer is NO
Is breastfeeding while pregnant safe? All you need to do is eat well, even if you are suffering from morning sickness. Once you are feeling better you should try to eat an additional 650 calories daily. In the beginning of your pregnancy when most moms can’t stomach much food, your baby will not need any extra calories.
Some moms worry that breastfeeding during pregnancy will cause baby to come earlier than he/she should. Pregnancy breast feeding in normal circumstances will not cause any such problems. The oxytocin that is released during breastfeeding is not enough to cause the cervix to open immaturely. Uterine contractions are experienced throughout pregnancy when you exercise and when you have an orgasm, and are not something to worry about.
You can also continue to breastfeed both your babies after the birth of your baby. Continued breastfeeding while pregnant can be useful to your toddler's adjustment to a new baby.
Is your milk safe for your breast-feeding baby?
YES, the hormones that are associated with being pregnant are found in the breast milk, but in very small quantities, and cannot harm baby.
“Breast feeding and pregnant” So what are the challenges?
- Pregnant and breast feeding moms will not only have to deal with all the physical and emotional aspects that arise with pregnancy, but will have increased fatigue if they already have a baby that causes some frustration while breastfeeding.
- Let-down of milk might cause some nausea during breastfeeding pregnancy
- Sore nipples (sensitivity due to hormonal changes during pregnancy)
- Increased sexual arousal during a breastfeeding session because of the pregnancy hormones.
- If you are breastfeeding and pregnant you will notice a decrease in milk supply during the fourth and fifth month of pregnancy. Try drinking at least 3litres of water daily.
- When breastfeeding while pregnant your milk will start to taste very different more to the end of your pregnancy and baby might refuse to drink. The milk actually starts turning into colostrum. The quality of milk (colostrum) makes up for the decrease in quantity, so that the milk created is richer in fats and vitamins.
How to encourage baby to wean:
- When weaning, try to make ways of replacing the physical and emotional comfort associated with breastfeeding with something else. Go for walks.
- Get somebody else, preferably dad to put baby to bed.
- Make the change gradually. Start by giving one less feed per day.
Whatever choice you make in the end is up to you and what you think you can handle. If you do decide to wean your baby, you should try to do so gradually to minimize the impact on your breastfeeding baby. If you decide on a breast feeding pregnancy you should try to get as much help and support as possible.
Ganoderma - A Perfect Food Supplement for Pregnant Women Pregnant women are interested in physical strength, mental peace, good nutrition, better immunity, hormonal balance, a safe and healthy delivery, and a healthy and intelligent child. Ganoderma has more than 400 bio active compounds that provide all these benefits to pregnant women.
Other pages on “breastfeeding problems” in connection with pregnancy breastfeeding
Want to share your stories? Ask a question or just say hello...
Click below to see contributions from other visitors to this page...
Breastfeeding issues during pregnancy
I just found out I'm pregnant and am still breastfeeding my 7 month old baby. She's starting to throw up after feeding. I've heard about the taste …
milk is falling very rapidly
My wife is pregnant with our second baby the oldest one is 7 months now we are not sure how far she is pregnant yet but she is still breast feeding but …
Will the breastmilk be enough for the baby in the womb (when she is born)?
Just wondering if the older child weans off the breastmilk slowly while the mother's pregnant, and eventually stops totally (say halfway during pregnancy), …
Traditionly is forebiden to breast feed if u pregnant Not rated yet
Back home Sudan, I have heard loads about many cases where the effect of breast feeding while pregnant with another. But not sure and love to read …
Site by BFeeding Mamma, Tracy Behr, Studying through Child birth international (CBC, CBD), Author and Mommy of two.