Your breasts after breastfeeding your baby
Breasts after weaning
Your breasts will be filled with milk during breastfeeding, so your breasts will return to their pre-pregnancy size most of the time once you wean.
Feel like you have no breasts left after breastfeeding?
Your breasts will definitely deflate quite a bit in the first few weeks after weaning because your milk glands shrivel up, but after this your body will automatically start filling them up with fat cells again. It takes about 6 months for the fat to deposit itself.
Some moms are really blessed and find no change in their breasts after nursing and pregnancy. Unfortunately we can’t all be that lucky!
Your breast size after breastfeeding depends on a few factors.
Boobs after breastfeeding differ from mom to mom…but…
- If you lose a lot of weight during breastfeeding it’s more likely that your breasts will contain less fat cells…making them look smaller and more saggy.
- Pregnancy has been found to change the shape and size of a woman’s breasts more than breastfeeding because of the hormones involved.
- Genetics have a large role to play. Your skin and it’s elasticity has a lot to do with it.
- With time your skin will sag, this is a natural thing that we all need to accept. Some moms breastfeed for three years or more, you cannot expect your body not to age in that time span.
- Many moms have found that even when they do not breastfeed their breasts become less full and saggy after pregnancy. So blaming breastfeeding alone does not make sense.
- Smoking moms will always find a faster sagging of skin compared to non smoking mothers.
- The absence of exercise can also cause a decrease in pectoral muscles needed to assist in the lift of breasts.
At onestopshopforkids.com you can shop for a variety of breastfeeding supplies
Other page on “breastfeeding problems” in connection with breasts after breastfeeding
- Postpartum weight loss
- Breast and nipple care guide
- The benefits of breastfeeding
- Special benefits of breastfeeding for mom
Want to share your own breast after breastfeeding experience?
Want to share your stories? Ask a question or just say hello...
Click below to see contributions from other visitors to this page...
breasts during and after breastfeeding
My breasts during and after breastfeeding. ------------------ "Thank you" by Tracy "Hi Anna, thanks for sharing this. I hope other Moms will …
after nursing my one side of breast has become smaller than the other and my child is just 4 months old any treatment for this.
Loss of sensitivity after nursing
I have a great amount of sensitivity before I breastfed my 2nd child. I never nursed my first child and didn't have this problem. I don't understand …
Breast sensitivity Not rated yet
IS it just me or have my breasts lost sensitivity after weaning?