Breasts After Breastfeeding
Your breasts after breastfeeding your baby
Breasts after weaning
Your breasts will be filled with milk during breastfeeding, so
your breasts will return to their pre-pregnancy size most of the time
once you wean.
Feel like you have no breasts left after breastfeeding?
Your breasts will definitely deflate quite a bit in the first few
weeks after weaning because your milk glands shrivel up, but after this
your body will automatically start filling them up with fat cells
again. It takes about 6 months for the fat to deposit itself.
Some moms are really blessed and find no change in their breasts
after nursing and pregnancy. Unfortunately we can’t all be that lucky!
Your breast size after breastfeeding depends on a few factors.
Boobs after breastfeeding differ from mom to mom…but…
- If you lose a lot of weight during breastfeeding it’s more
likely that your breasts will contain less fat cells…making them look
smaller and more saggy.
- Pregnancy has been found to change the shape and size of a woman’s
breasts more than breastfeeding because of the hormones involved.
- Genetics have a large role to play. Your skin and it’s elasticity has a lot to do with it.
- With time your skin will sag, this is a natural thing that we all need
to accept. Some moms breastfeed for three years or more, you cannot
expect your body not to age in that time span.
- Many moms have found that even when they do not breastfeed their
breasts become less full and saggy after pregnancy. So blaming
breastfeeding alone does not make sense.
- Smoking moms will always find a faster sagging of skin compared to non smoking mothers.
- The absence of exercise can also cause a decrease in pectoral muscles needed to assist in the lift of breasts.
At onestopshopforkids.com you can shop for a variety of breastfeeding supplies
Other page on “breastfeeding problems” in connection with breasts after breastfeeding
- Postpartum weight loss
- Breast and nipple care guide
- The benefits of breastfeeding
- Special benefits of breastfeeding for mom
- Different breast appearances and the ability to breastfeed
Want to share your own breast after breastfeeding experience?
Leave a comment
Want to share your stories? Ask a question or just say hello...