- Teas containing any of the following herbs: Black Walnut,
Chickweed, Cocoa, Herb Robert (Geranium robertianum), Lemon Balm,
Oregano, Parsley (Petroselinum crispum), Periwinkle Herb (Vinca minor),
Sorrel (Rumex acetosa), Thyme and Yarrow.
Teas that are Safe to Drink while Breastfeeding (Also not a complete list)
- Ginger tea, Linden flower tea, Orange peel & Citrus peel teas, Rose hip tea(contains extra vitamin C), Orange cinnamon tea, Lemon tea and Raspberry teas.
- Green tea and breastfeeding ~ Can you drink green tea while breastfeeding? Most green teas do contain caffeine, but you may be able to find green tea that is caffeine-free. High amounts of green tea are not recommended for breastfeeding women. This herb has not been tested for safety while nursing.
- Fennel tea while breastfeeding ~ Small amounts are safe. If you are taking the fennel tea to help a gassy baby you can read more on baby gas pain relief.
- Feverfew and breastfeeding ~ Not enough information is available on this herb and it should be avoided while breastfeeding. Sometimes Moms might want to use this herb to relieve headaches and it is best to get the advice of a professional, or use something else in its place.