Are you one of those blessed new moms, to have the fortune of being able to breastfeed your tiny angel?
Those few moments of an intimate bond with your child are surely priceless and invaluable, beyond all realms. And when Mom’s love comes with all the goodness of nature, you can be sure you are giving your child the best.
And now, you have the beautiful chance to offer the best of nutrition to your child in a different form, appealing to the young one’s taste buds even more! The tempting and delicious breast milk ice lollies and ice-creams do just that for you!
Simply speaking, these goodies use genuine, pure breast milk that are made into special lollies and ice-cream for infants and toddlers.
Not only are these wonderful little inventions meant to fulfill the need for nutrition, but they also end up being very useful for teething.
So, how are these good for your child? Let’s take a quick look:
If you are the typical hands-on mother, you can go on and buy those molds and make your own lollies at home. As a tip, use a teether instead of the ice-cream stick, so even when the teet has been polished off, the teether remains!
They are easy to make - pour the breast milk into the lolly containers and freeze.
Breast milk lollies with a difference
Before freezing your breast milk lollies, you can add some soft fruits such as strawberries or peaches. (this is for those babies over 4 months old)
Ingredients for ice cream
- Take 1 cup breast milk
Freezing method items
- 5 cups crushed ice, 75ml salt, 2 containers or two zip lock packets
• Put the breast milk into the smaller container or packet. (do not put any salt into the breast milk, the salt is for the freezing)
• Seal the container/packet tightly and put it in the larger one. Fill the large one with crushed ice and sprinkle some salt all over on the top of the ice to keep the temperature.
• Now, shake the container or massage the packet until the ice cream sets.
• Freeze to set completely.
Enjoy watching your little ones munch down!
By Jasmin Pannu