I have a one month old who has symptoms of a mom with milk imbalance or overproduction of fore milk.
I'm currently feeding off one breast per feeding, leaning back or laying down while nursing, burping like crazy AND I've eliminated dairy, spicy foods, caffeine and citrus from my diet...yet still my little guy is in pain and super gassy! Help please:(
I wonder if you can help- I seem to be experiencing a lot of difficulties with breastfeeding! :
- my boy takes in a lot of air (I can hear it going down into his belly) when breastfeeding
- he is sick quite frequently (almost after every feed and sometimes (but not frequently) his whole feed comes up- though this is when he has recently had milk but is giving all the signals he wants more- this makes it hard for me to understand what he wants- and sometimes I think 'maybe this a growth spurt' or that he wants more food because he is growing bigger...
- sometimes me and my partner seem to be awake for hours in a cycle of winding, being sick, changing and feeding- I worry that the baba isn't getting enough sleep- and at other times our boy will sleep for 5 hours at a time. When things are going well- he seems to sleep for 3 hours and then wake for milk, change etc...
- i'm not sure what is too much or too little but appreciate this is hard to gauge from person to person- however, i feel like I need the certainty of a bottle and seeing how much my baby is taking in. I have no real sense of what the volume my boy needs or is taking in (have been advised to express because of a possible fast let down but don't know how much) when he is sick i can't tell how much it is. how big is my babies stomach? and how much does he need?
- my baby seems hungry after he is sick which makes sense- but it doesn't make sense if the sick is excess milk that his little tummy doesn't want.
- he is just over three weeks old and was last weighed three days ago- he had put on weight and is a healthy weight
I hope you can help because i am starting to feel desperate and quite upset by it all!
I have a baby boy, nearly six months : ) He has breast fed from day one. Never had a bottle, so really proud ; ), but he has such bad wind!
It does'nt matter what I eat, he just seems to get it really bad. I have a good, healthy diet and am a vegetarian and drink plenty soya milk, but have been looking on the site and it may be down to the soya milk that gives him the gas?
My baby is one month old and has been doing great breastfeeding, but now for the past two days she's crying while eating and after and asts like her tummy hurts she also has a lot of gas I'm not sure what's causing this all of a sudden any suggestions? thank u
my 3 week old only has some of these symptoms and I don't want to correct for a non existent problem only to create a problem.
He is most hungry at night, has diaper rash, chokes sometimes at beginning of feed, on one side eats in short bursts, is difficult to burp and is gassy. He is not constantly hungry nor does he have green stools.
How can I tell if my foremilk/hindmilk is imbalanced?
Comments for 3 week old - gassy chokes sometimes on one breast
Hello my name is Joana. I have a 7 month old girl and I was wondering if is normal for my baby to have alot of gases, and also she only eats in one breast for 3 to 5 minutes but 15 minutes pass and she wants to eat again. Is this normal?
My baby was 2 weeks when I put him on formula because I wasn't getting enough breastmilk.
I realized he was so much constipated after 3 days so I stopped the formula after on the 7th day. He was able to poop but still strains and cries a lot.
He really passes gas while stretching. Went for an xray and he was full of gas. I stopped taking dairy products and eventually the excessive gas stopped. Still as soon as he swallows breastmilk there is very large bowel sounds, he still stretches though, but passes very light stool.
He is 2 months. I'm now asked to stop breastfeeding while giving him protein sensitive formula (Alimentum ) but making him constipated.
Wen I added the breastmilk again on the 2 day of the formula he was able to pass watery stool,then mucoid.
Could it be that my baby is allergic to the breastmilk?
Comments for Is my baby alergic to breast milk? Gassy baby
Hi there, i have a 10 day old and during a certain time of the day he gets a tummy ache. He is breastfed only and eats great most of the day and night, only during the tummy ache time he doesnt eat. Does this sound normal for a brand new baby? Or could there be something else wrong? Im desperate for help!
Hi moms, I am a mother of two kids. My little boy is now 8 months old had some serious tummy issues a few months ago. My Hadi was very fussy and used crying all the night. My husband and I were facing the worst nightmares of our lives. Working all the day and watching our baby crying all the night gave us pretty hard time.
Thanks, God, someone suggested me to try Babies magic tea. The day I started this magical product my baby started getting well. Now, I am still using this tea, which is always available in my kitchen. After the very first use, my boy got relief for the first time since his birth. I'll highly recommend this magic tea to the moms who are suffering from the same issue.
Being a mom, why I am recommending this tea? Because it's a totally natural solution without sugar, alcohol, and preservatives.
my baby girl is 27days old and she passes stool 15-20 times a day(stool has more liquid n little yellowish part).
She gets her body tight and fold her leg while passing the gas and some time this makes her cry.this episode happens both in day and night.one of the pediatrician advised her neopeptine 6 dtops twice a day....i have started the dose for two days...but her problem is still there in less frequency...so i just want to know is this a symptom of infection or its normal???