Massaging your breasts will clear the milk ducts and get the milk flowing more freely, which will help empty the breasts and therefore trigger a higher milk production.
Breast massage is not just for those moms wanting to increase their milk supply, it is also an important area of breast health, that is neglected due to the picture that society has created about “touching yourself”.
Your breasts do not get exercise or stimulation and as a result, you will have a fluid build up, which could lead to breast problems.
- An increase in breast circulation.
- You can decrease the symptoms of menstrual cramps.
- Help with pain from surgery.
- Reduce discomfort during pregnancy.
- Improve your skin tone.
- Increase breast milk production.
- It can help for relief of engorgement.
- Unblock plugged milk glands.
- Massage breasts for relaxation.
- Toning of the muscles in your breasts.
- Breast firmness. (Increasing its overall attractiveness)
- Helps for drainage during breastfeeding.
- Breast cancer prevention.
- Lymphatic drainage is improved, which can actually prevent cancer, by removing unwanted toxins.
- Breast self-examination: Self exam improves awareness of any breast lumps or bumps.
- Decreased appearance of scars and stretch marks.
- Natural breast enlargement and enhancement: Some women massage to stimulate breast growth, resulting in a larger cup size.
- The best massage technique, is to first start pumping the lymph glands in your armpits, this lymphatic massage will get the blood and toxins flowing.
- Use a lotion while massaging (a natural lotion if you are breastfeeding) Coconut or Olive oil is really good for this.
- Gentle rubbing and/or squeezing is enough to get the blood flowing. Do not press too hard, you could damage your glandular tissue. (It should not be painful)
- When you start to feel your breasts warming up, it’s a sign that your breasts have increased in blood flow, which is very good.
- These massages should be done daily.
- You can massage your breasts every time you have a bath, and just use some soap for lubrication; this way you won't forget and you will be more relaxed during a massage.
- Step by step pictures on how to massage breasts ( self care )
- Breast compression during breastfeeding.
Other useful pages on "breastfeeding problems" in connection with breast massaging
- Baby massage.
Want to share your stories? Ask a question or just say hello...
Click below to see contributions from other visitors to this page...
blocked milk duct Not rated yet
Thank you for this video! I had been struggling with a blocked duct in the top of my breast. I could help clear other ducts by massaging toward the nipple …
implants over the muscle and breastfeeding Not rated yet
I want to know about anyone who has implants over the muscle, that have successfully breastfed.
Thanks for this Not rated yet
Thank you for this posting <3
axial lymphatic drainage and breastfeeding Not rated yet
Are there any contra indications on axial lymphatic drainage on a postpartum Mom whose milk has just come in. the glands in the armpits are hard and painful. …
Site by BFeeding Mamma, Tracy Behr, Studying through Child birth international (CBC, CBD), Author and Mommy of two.