Do you have nipple pain or nipple sensitivity?
Some nipple sensitivity is normal in the beginning. Wait it out; it just takes time for your nipples to get accustomed to nursing. In the meantime, using pure lanolin should help relieve normal sensitive nipples
Cracked or Bleeding Nipples:
Crib Mattress Guide: Crib mattress buying tips will help you choose the safest baby mattress for your precious baby.
Treat Sore Nipples:
* You can ease the sore nipples by applying ice wrapped in a soft cloth or by using other cold treatments (cold compress).
* You can also try an over-the-counter pain reliever such as Ibuprofen, Motrin, and Tylenol, which are all safe to take during breastfeeding.
* Also try rinsing your breast with clean water and salt after every breastfeeding session. This will wash your baby’s saliva off from your nipples so that they do not crack and become sore.
* A mother’s own milk, gently rubbed into the wound, is just as soothing and actually accelerates healing and relieves nipple pain as well!
* Lansinoh Lotion for breast feeding mothers is great for applying just before you breastfeed or even when pumping and prevents sore broken nipples.
Burning pink, itchy nipples are a sign of thrush too. Thrush is a "yeast infection". It is usually caused by Mom or baby taking an antibiotic that causes an imbalance in the body.
Some Moms are suffering from Raynauds phenomenon without realizing it!
How can you stop baby from biting your nipples?
Sometimes it happens because baby wants to use you as a teether. Use any teething remedies you find work the best (for example teething tablets) and unlatch baby when biting occurs.
Some babies have sucking problems that are due to oral problems like a cleft lip.
Also let your baby know that you are unhappy if bitten! When your baby stops sucking, unlatch baby with your fingers by putting your finger between the corner of baby's mouth and your breast, before he/she gets a chance to bite.
If you are latching properly, you will have less chance of getting sore, cracked painful nipples. Read more about proper latching.
Other pages on breastfeeding problems in connection with nipple pain:
Want to share your stories? Ask a question or just say hello...
Click below to see contributions from other visitors to this page...
HELP my nipples are sore
my 10 month old baby is teething and is biting my nipples and now they are broken open and very sore i have tried to put her on a bottle but she just gags …
mom Not rated yet
hello how are you? Your information is very impressive because i experienced those kind of nipple itching..i worried about it but now i know hehehe...it's …