This is another mild galactogue and will be more effective taken with other herbal galactagogues.
* Chaste Berry.
Four capsules three times a day. Alflafa is mild and can be taken with another galactogue. Alfalfa may also cause some digestive changes.
* Brewers yeast as a galactagogue.
Has very few side-effects, but should not be used if Mom has a recurrent yeast problem or yeast infection. Brewers yeast is rich in Vitamin B, amino acids, minerals and iron. Dosage: 3-5 capsules daily.
May cause some digestive changes.
Not only will it increase milk production, but it will also decrease colic in a baby, via mom's breast milk.
* Mothers milk tea.
2 parts fennel.
1 part nettle.
1 part blessed thistle.
1 part fenugreek.
½ part Hops.
Grind the seeds before adding the boiling water to them – seep for 15-20 minutes.
This Galactogue should be used with the other breast milk herbs, to improve their effectiveness.
* Red raspberry leaf.
Combining two or three of the above-mentioned natural herbal galactagogue, will work better than only using one.
- Carrot seeds, beet and yam.
- Beet leaves, spinach, chicory and other dark green leafy vegetables.
- Plain Oats and oat straw capsules or liquid extract.
- Green papaya (simmered until soft).
- Dill: Can be used in tea or sprinkled on food. (Two tsp of dill seed daily).
- Raw nuts, flaxseed oil and sesame oil.
- Water, herbal root-beers, chicory coffee and barley water.
- Garlic: It has been found that if a mom eats a lot of garlic, it gives the breast milk a nicer taste, which will increase the time a baby spends on the breast, therefore increasing breast milk production.
- Ginger (should not be taken with any other medication).